What is the Gospel?
If you’re not sure what you believe or understand about the gospel,
please take a moment to read “The Gospel of Our Salvation.”
Thistlebend Ministries is not affiliated with any denomination or church, but is rather a parachurch ministry formed to support and strengthen the local church. Our teaching is based solely on the Bible, for we believe the Scriptures are the final authority in faith and life.
- The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and is thus infallible and inerrant in its original manuscripts. As God’s perfect Word, we believe it is of supreme and final authority.
- In one triune God, who is Creator of all. He exists eternally as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, having the same nature, attributes and perfections.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity. That without ceasing to be God the Son, became man, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. That His redemption of man was accomplished through a) His sinless life and b) death on the cross as a voluntary, substitutionary sacrifice, and in c) in the literal resurrection of His body from the dead. We believe in His ascension into heaven and His present ministry of intercession as our High Priest and Advocate. We also believe in His personal, bodily, imminent return to earth to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts men of sin, righteousness and judgment, and who indwells believers, teaches them the Word of God, and enables them to live a godly life.
- That mankind was created in the image of God. That Adam, as the representative of mankind, sinned against God, and that because of Adam’s fall, mankind has inherited a sinful nature, becoming alienated from God. That apart from Jesus Christ, all men are consequently lost and without hope.
- That all are sinners and are totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure. That salvation is by God alone; He sovereignly chooses those He will save. That God’s choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit or foreseen faith.
- That man can be justified and reconciled to God only through the work and power of Jesus Christ. That salvation and the forgiveness of sins is a gift of God’s grace received through personal faith in Jesus Christ. That this faith is a gift of God, not of themselves. That the Holy Spirit regenerates those whom God has chosen to save, causing them to be born again and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- That baptism is to be administered by immersion upon confession of faith in Christ and that baptism is an outward sign of the salvation God has accomplished in a person’s life.*
- In the existence of Satan, the declared enemy of God and His people, who works to destroy the lives and souls of mankind.
- That the purpose of the church is to worship and glorify the Lord who redeemed her. That the mission of the church is to preach and teach the Scriptures, declare the gospel to the lost, and build up the saved to maturity in Christ.
- That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are water baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion), as a remembrance of Christ’s death and shed blood.
- In the priesthood of all believers, and that salvation will be manifested by a changed life. That it is the obligation of believers to witness, by word and life, to the truths of God’s Word. New believers are to be taught to obey the Lord. That all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
SHOP OUR STORE
Discipleship studies and devotionals for women and other materials!
Access audio and video lectures, sample print material, and much more!
Connect with others at our classes, trainings, seminars,